Home Electrical Safety Tips
January 1, 2021
Electrical Safety Tips
- As with any electrical cord, use power bars only in dry locations.
- Cover unused receptacles so that metal objects can't be accidentally poked into the slots. Better yet, place safety prongs into the receptacles, especially if there are children around.
- When plugging any item into your power bar, never run the cord under a carpet or rug, or along a doorway. The wear and tear could fray the insulation and expose the bare wire, creating a fire hazard.
- When removing a plug from the bar, grip it firmly and pull. Don't yank the cord.
- Inspect power bars regularly for signs of wear, and replace them when worn or broken.